Design Teams

Friday, May 1, 2015

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges #90 Spring Has Sprung

Flowers are blooming, birds are singing and Mother Nature is in her glory.  It MUST be Spring!  So over at CC&CC we are celebrating this beautiful 
time of year.

Our great sponsor A Day For Daisies has so many images that fit into this theme.  It was hard to choose just one.  But I managed to pick this lovely image called "Cherry Blossom Cluster".  Now I have to tell you, this card gave me a real headache.  I wanted to do a parchment paper design using the parchment technique.  BUT, after going to 6 different stores trying to find parchment paper - NOT vellum - I couldn't find any.  OK, so let's order it on line.  Sounds fine right - wrong!  I found a place to order it and the paper would arrive in time to make the card.  Another BUT - after I placed the order I was told they are going on vacation and the paper would not arrive until after the 1st of May.  Gee thanx for telling me that AFTER I order it, lol!  I'll step off my soap box now.

I ended up printing the image on vellum and colored it on the back.  It did not turn out as soft as I wanted, but it's ok.  I love the background paper though.  It's a lovely piece of oriental rice paper I purchased years ago when living in Hawaii.  I think that it helped save the card!  What do you think?


I am so anxious to get the parchment paper.  I think I will try using it for this image.  Hopefully it will turn out better than this one, lol.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card, I love the image printed onto vellum :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. I appreciate it so much! Aloha....